Page banner image

Pies, Water, Hot tub, family, therapy, oh my!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 74KA on August 27, 2021 at 03:31:37

A few weeks ago we had a big storm come through and do some damage. My church wanted to do a fund raiser to help some of the families that had damage to their homes, and we had to put something together quick, so we came up with a raffle where you could buy some tickets, and then they'd pull the winning tickets from the pot, and if you won, you could pie-face one of the youth leaders. I'm one of the youth leaders so I was on the hook to get two pies in my face. I agreed to do it. I've played with pies once before, and my school improv club would do a pie-face skit each year (but I was never picked to be the one to get pied.) Wasn't quite sure how I felt about getting pied, but then again this was for a church fundraiser so obviously it was going to be family friendly. Speaking of family, my sister was in town visiting. Our parents split up years ago, and my sister lives with my mom, but stuff was happening and she was staying with me and my dad for a while. Well somehow she gets wind of this pie-face thing even though I was trying to keep it quiet, and of course she wants to go and watch me get pied, which I wasn't super on board with but I didn't really have a choice. Well at the end of the day two kids were picked to pie me, and I got a chocolate pie and a butterscotch pie smashed in my face by two little kids. It felt super weird, the pies were super cold and all the stuff shot right up my nose and got in my eyes. Wasn't exactly a great feeling but it was pretty fun, just kind of weird, I guess. So then my sister was over scheming with the leader and she comes up with another pie and now of course everyone is eager to watch her get to pie, so I sighed and let her get me. Well she smears it ALL through my hair and everything, guaranteeing that it was going to be a pain for me to clean up. The church didn't have showers or anything for us, so we went outside and tried to rinse off with a garden hose and some washcloths. I got my clothes soaked of course (blue polo, jeans, flipflops). But there was no way I was getting all the pudding and stuff out of my hair and nose, so I got cleaned off as best I could, changed into a clean t-shirt and drove home. My sister thought it was completely hilarious that I was still uncomfortable with a bunch of sticky pie crap in my hair and ears while I drove home, the jerk! Fortunately a nice shower took care of everything and I was good as new, with only my pride wounded. Can't quite put my finger on it. Getting pied is fun, I'd kind of like to try it again, but its also weirdly uncomfortable (Even if it didn't involve my sister.) I'll have to keep thinking about it and see if I want to keep trying it.

Change of subject, but I started seeing a therapist for some mental health issues, mainly anxiety and depression. So far its been a huge help. We're talking about a lot of stuff and I won't bore everyone with the details but one thing we've talked about is taking time to clear my mind. Not just "relax," but try to clear my thoughts and kind of reset. Well the best way I can think to do that is underwater (which I haven't talked about with my therapist yet.) Well a friend of mine has a hottub at his house, and he was going out of town for a few days... so I just asked him if he minded if I used his pool and hot tub. It felt a little awkward asking, but he was super chill about it and just said of course I could, any time I wanted, would I mind just checking the mailbox and watering the plants while I was gone. Well that's an easy deal! So the other day I went over fully clothed, another blue polo, new pair of jeans, boxers, black socks and an older pair of gym shoes - and just sat in the hot tub. It was a little too hot, so I moved over to the pool, which was just about right. And just sat there for probably 30 minutes, and practices clearing my mind. And, darn, it worked! Was probably the most relaxed and refreshed I've felt in an LONG time. I will say that if you've ever debated whether you should talk to someone about mental health, I'd HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. It took me a while to work up to it, but honestly its one of the best things I've done for myself.

Anyway after about 45 minutes I climbed out of the pool, changed into try clothes for the drive home. And was much more refreshed and prepared to deal with my crazy family and some of the shtuff we have going on.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]