Page banner image

Re: Pies, Water, Hot tub, family, therapy, oh my!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on August 27, 2021 at 18:19:17

In Reply to: Pies, Water, Hot tub, family, therapy, oh my! posted by 74KA on August 27, 2021 at 03:31:37:

74KA, just based on what you post on here, it sounds like you find ways to get into some awesome wackywet experiences, probably more/better stuff than what a lot of folks your age get a chance to do. It also sounds like you're a great guy who very much deserves to find some peace, relaxation and happiness, and I hope that you're on the road towards all of those good things!

I think its great that you offered to get pied for a good cause. Even if you didn't really enjoy it, I bet you made a lot of people laugh and have a good time, and hopefully raised some money for a good cause. In my book, that would make it a worthwhile experience! I've never gotten pied in the face myself, I suppose I'd volunteer to for a fundraiser or some other good cause, but I believe you that its probably a weird feeling that might take some getting used to!

I definitely understand how relaxing and "zen" it can be to just chill in a pool, hot tub, lake or stream. I do like being the center of attention and love things like dunk tanks, but there's also something special about just chilling and collecting your thoughts.

I'm so glad that you're taking care of your mental health. When I was around your age I took the same steps. The community I grew up in had two "resources" for mental health: drugs and alcohol. Being addicted to something was considered preferable to seeing a therapist or professional. My mother had some mental health issues of her own that she's been dealing with, and they really came out full force when I was in high school. I probably inherited some of that genetically, and also being raised in that environment didn't help. Going to our small town doctor at that point in my life was the smartest thing I'd done in my life til that point, honestly. It kept me off drugs and alcohol. When I was in college and living in a little bigger city with more resources, I saw a proper psychologist and that also helped immensely. In my experience it wasn't always an easy road to walk, but it was absolutely 100% worth it.

I hope the best for you!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]